1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoon butter
1 lb grass-fed ground beef
2 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained - best quality
1 6 oz can tomato paste - best quality
5 medium zucchinis
3 cup raw white cheddar cheese or raw mozzarella shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Use a vegetable peeler or mandolin to slice the zucchinis into long strips and set aside.
3. In a large pot, sauté the onions and garlic in butter for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the beef and cook until browned and fully done.
5. Add in the oregano, basil, cayenne, salt, pepper, tomatoes and tomato paste.
6. In a 9×13 pan, layer the zucchini, meat mixture and cheese, and then repeat.
7. Cover the pan with parchment paper then foil and bake for about 45 minutes.