1 1/2 pounds pumpkin or 2 cups pumpkin puree
3 tablespoon oil
1 yellow onion chopped
5 garlic cloves minced
2 wiri wiri peppers or 2 serano peppers
1 large tomato or 2 regular sized tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt to taste
pinch of black pepper
1 spring fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
3/4 cup water or meat broth
1-2 cups cooked chicken
1. Peel and chop pumpkin into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside.
2. Heat pot with oil and add chopped onion, garlic and peppers. Cook till onions are fragrant and tender.
3. Dice tomatoes and add to the pot when the onions are tender. et cook till soft and mixture begin to look like a sauce
4. Add pumpkin to the pot and cook for 10-12 minutes on medium heat.
5. Add salt, black pepper, thyme, curry powder. Let cook another 15 minutes.
6. Add water or broth and chicken then cook for 20-25 minutes till pumpkin begins to dissolve and loosen. There should not be much liquid left in the pot.
For a meatless dish just leave it out. It will taste just as wonderful!
Serve with rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice.
Based from Alica Pepperpot recipe.