6 cups boiling filtered water
1/2 cup organic sugar
1/2 gallon jar
1 tablespoon mulling spices from Simply Organic
1 cup kombucha from the last ferment
2 coffee filters and a rubber band
1. Boil filtered water
2. Put sugar into jar and pour water till dissolved
3. Put mulling spice into jar cover
4. When mixture is cooled strain
5. Put mixture back into the jar and add the scoby and 1 cup of kombucha from the last batch
6. Wipe the rim dry and cover with two coffee filters held tight with a rubber band
7. Put on your counter or ventilated cub board for 7-10 days
The fermenting process varies depending on the temperature of your home or area you have the kombucha.
I found that using half gallon jars is more convenient than a one gallon jar.
Be careful to keep your flavored kombucha's labeled. I accidentally put the spiced cider cup of ferment and scoby into my original mixture and the flavor changed to a light spiced cider.
You will need to put a scoby from the original ferment to replace the one in this ferment. Because it does not contain caffeine the scoby will need to be reinvigorated.