1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
2/3 cup filtered water
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/3 - 2/3 cup of raw honey
1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (4-5 lemons)
3 cups sparkling mineral water
1. In a small pot bring blueberries and water to a boil on the stove.
2. Simmer for 10 minutes to make a syrup stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from burner and cool slightly.
4. Strain syrup through a mesh sieve pressing blueberries to get all the juice out.
5. When syrup is cooler add raw honey and stir till dissolved.
6. Juice lemons.
7. Combine syrup and sparkling mineral water into a large pitcher.
8. Serve immediately.
1. Use 1/3 cup of raw honey for a tart lemonade or 2/3 cup for a sweeter one.
2. For single servings mix as you need to drink.
3. Not bad to drink if you have leftovers it just won't be bubbly.
4. Make the blueberry syrup ahead of time so you are ready for a special treat.
Inspired from Chelsea’s Messy Apron