20 - 25
2 cups almond flour or raw almond meal soaked and dehydrated if possible
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon unrefined salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup pastured butter
3 large free range eggs
1/2 cup raw honey
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
3. Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. If honey is thick add to pot to soften. Do not melt the honey.
4. Mix eggs, vanilla, honey, and melted butter together.
5. Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with hand mixer for one minute till smooth.
6. Butter a 8-inch square pan and flour lightly with almond flour or use parchment paper.
7. Blend into batter the raw apple cider vinegar. Then pour into prepared baking dish.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Test cake at 20 minutes. Be careful not to bake too long.
9. If it is very slightly wet take out of the oven to completely cool. It will crumble if you eat it when it is deliciously hot.
10. Cool in pan for a few minutes then transfer to cooling rack till completely cool.
Vinegar is added in step 7 because it will react a little to the baking soda and the quicker it gets into the oven the better. The vinegar creates a lighter cake.
Ashley and Tyler Stevens