1 1/2 cups dry red lentils well covered with filtered water with 1/4 cup kefir, whey or raw apple cider vinegar for 12 hours. Strain and rinse when done.
1 1/2 cups dry red lentils that have been soaked - look at prep notes
5 cups organic homemade meat stock or bone broth
1 tablespoon healthy fat of choice - ghee, coconut oil, animal fat etc.
2/4 teaspoon turmeric
3/4 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon cardamon
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
sprinkle of crushed red pepper
pinch ground nutmeg
1 large yellow onion diced
1 tablespoon fresh lemongrass paste or 2 stalks
1 teaspoon fresh ginger peeled and minced
2 teaspoon thyme
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1/2 small bunch of kale with out stems
juice from 1 small lemon
1/2 teaspoon unrefined salt
1/2 cup cilantro chopped
1. In a large pot combine lentils and meat stock.
2. Bring to a boil then reduce and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender stirring occasionally.
3. In a saute pan heat fat and add turmeric, curry, cardamon, cinnamon, crushed red pepper and nutmeg.
4. After a minute add onion and cook till translucent.
5. Add coconut milk, kale, lemon juice and salt. Cook for 5 minutes
6. Add coconut milk mixture to lentils and heat for 5 more minutes for flavors to come together.
7. Serve with chopped cilantro.
If using other lentils cooking time will need to be increased.