1 cup raw cacao powder
½ cup coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon raw honey
½ teaspoon homemade vanilla extract
pinch of fine Himalayan
1 cup raw almonds, ground
3 tablespoon quinoa flakes, ground or 1 tablespoon coconut flour (GAPS)
2 tablespoon raw almond butter
2 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoon raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
For the Chocolate:
1. Whisk cacao powder into coconut oil in double boiler until smooth.
2. Turn off heat and add salt and vanilla extract. Set aside in bowl.
For the Almond Butter:
1. Grind almonds till fine meal then add quinoa flakes or coconut flour in food processor.
2. Blend then add to a bowl.3. Add raw almond butter, coconut oil, raw honey, vanilla extract, and salt.
4. Combine well with spoon until thick paste forms.
Putting it together:
1. Line small muffin tray with paper cups.
2. Pour one tablespoon chocolate into the bottom of each liner then freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
3. Remove from freezer and press one teaspoon almond mixture and then another tablespoon of chocolate.
4. Return to freezer after 20–30 minutes or until mixture is firm.
5. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.
Used with permission from The Integrative Nutrition Cookbook, 2016