1 tablespoon ghee or lard
1 large onion, chopped
1 1/2 pounds carrots, chopped
1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
2 teaspoons coriander
1 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
2 cups pureed pumpkin
2 cups coconut milk
cilantro or parsley chopped for garnish (optional)
1) Sauté onions, ginger and carrots in the fat until the onions are translucent.
2) Add coriander, salt and pepper. Stir for 1 minute.
3) Add pureed pumpkin and cook a few more minutes.
4) Add broth and cook until vegetables are very soft.
5) Puree till smooth.
6) Add coconut milk and stir.
7) Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley if desired.
When made with homemade meat stock or broth it provides essentials nutrients for gut health.
Based off Carrot Soup from Internal Bliss cookbook