1 tablespoon or packet of yeast
1/4 cup water
1 cup raw milk or milk alternative
1 tablespoon pastured butter
1/2 coconut sugar
1/2 teaspoon Real salt
3 pastured or free range eggs, beaten
4 cups sprouted flour
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
Grated rind from 1 large orange
1. Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup water.
2. Heat milk, butter, 1/2 coconut sugar, and salt till the butter is melted.
3. Cool to lukewarm and beat in yeast mixture, eggs, and 1 cup of sprouted flour into large bowl or mixer.
4. Let rise till bubbly.
5. Gradually add remaining flour and beat well. Not necessary to knead.
6. Cover and let rise till double.
7. In a separate bowl mix, 1/2 cup softened butter, 1/2 cup coconut sugar, and grated orange rind together.
8. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
9. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle and spread with sugar-orange mixture. Reserve some to put on top of the rolls.
10. Cut into slices and place in greased muffin tins.
11. Let rise till doubled.
12. Cover for 15 - 20 minutes till lightly brown. Don't overbake then they will be dry.
13. Spread with the rest of the sugar-orange mixture.
14. Let cool slightly then serve warm.
These are best baked in a muffin tin.
Adapted from the Lion House Christmas Recipe Book