1 package of farm raised pork fat
1. Cut pork fat into 1 inch pieces. I like to use kitchen scissors.
2. Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
3. Put the fat into a oven safe stainer nestled in an oven safe 8 quart pot.
4. Stir fat at least once an hour.
5. You want the fat to become quite small and stiff so you have all the fat rendered.
6. This could take all day.
7. When done take out of the oven and let it cool.
8. Throw fat away.
9. Strain fat into jars using a mesh strainer and muslin or tight cheese cloth.
10. Store in pantry if you use if frequently or in the fridge. Mine lasts months in the pantry.