30 large cookies
3 1/2 cups sprouted wheat flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon unrefined salt
1 1/2 sticks pastured/free range butter slightly softened - best if cool
2 cups coconut sugar
2 large and 2 egg yolk pastured/free range egg
2 tablespoons vanilla
3/4 cups high quality chocolate chips or 1 cups cocoa nibs
1. In medium bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt till well combined.
2. In large bowl beat butter on high till whipped about 2 minutes. Scraping down the sides if necessary.
3. Add half of coconut sugar at a time. Blending well.
4. On low add 1 cup of the flour mixture at a time until well combined.
5. Mx in chocolate chips.
6. Cover and refrigerate for 30 or more.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
9. Roll 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball and place on baking sheet.
10. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then transfer to cooling rack.
Save egg whites in a jar for other recipes. They will keep for 3 weeks.
The dough and cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Adapted from Sallys Baking Addiction